It is very easy to prepare and very tasty.
- 1 heart [1 kg] of pork or veal
- 4 onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 hot pepper
- 100 ml oil
Preparation time: less than 60 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Heart with onion sauce:
- The heart is cleaned of pellets and stingy, it is portioned in long and narrow strips, it is washed very well with cold water. Peel an onion and cut it into scales.
- Heat the oil, add the onion, when it becomes glassy, put the heart and leave it to simmer, add salt, paprika and 2 cups of water.
- Boil over medium heat for 30 minutes, taking care not to drop too much water. try if the heart is boiled, in the final form the onion is boiled until it "melts" and forms a sauce [which you leave it of your favorite consistency, if you want it thicker you let it drop, if you want it thinner put a little water]
- You can successfully serve any garnish from pasta, potatoes, rice to polenta. Decorate with hot peppers.
- It goes well with pickles.
the heart with onion sauce is so tasty that you don't need to improve it with other "extra" spices
Onion sauce with mushrooms
If you are stuck and do not know what kind of sauces are suitable for the foods you cook with so much passion, we come up with ideas. fresh for you! This onion sauce with mushrooms is served with mashed potatoes, polenta, noodles or spaghetti. It is extremely tasty, and the greens (parsley and thyme) give it a pleasant aroma. Let's not forget the dry white wine, which will refresh the aroma even more! Good appetite!
60 g of dried mushrooms or 1/2 kg of fresh ones
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 large onions, finely chopped
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon dried and chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme or 2 dried leaves
sea salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 cup milk or soy sauce.
1. Put the mushrooms in a bowl and pour boiled water over them. Put the bowl aside.
2. Put the olive oil in a saucepan, put the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until golden brown.
3. Drain the mushrooms, keeping 1/4 cup of water. Chop the mushrooms, pour over the onion and cook for 10 minutes, until the onion is brown.
4. Pour 1/4 cup of water and wine, put on high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat by adding 1 cup of water, parsley, thyme, sea salt and pepper to taste. Leave it on the fire for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Dissolve the flour in milk or soy sauce and add to the pan composition. Stir continuously until the composition thickens. Taste, adding to taste, salt and pepper.
I love matured cheese, and frittata seems to me one of the ideal dishes to highlight it. In addition, I can combine it with various vegetables such as mushrooms, tomatoes, anything my heart desires. Frittata is very easy to prepare and is a complete meal that goes very well for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I highly recommend you try it.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 150 g of mushrooms
- 2 large red onions
- 200 g of matured gouda
- 10 eggs
- 60 ml of milk
- mix of dried herbs (basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano)
- salt and pepper
Method of preparation
I lined a tray with baking paper and added onions and sliced mushrooms. I sprinkled them with olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper and put them at 180 degrees. The mushrooms should stay in the oven until they evaporate from the water and fry lightly (about 20-25 minutes), and the onion until it caramelizes and becomes slightly crispy (about 30-35 minutes). Don't be scared if it has a dark color and looks burnt because it is super sweet and tasty.
I greased a 22 cm round bowl with a little olive oil and put the baked mushrooms on the bottom of the bowl. Then I sprinkled 50 grams of grated Gouda on the large grater, added the caramelized onion and added another 50 grams of Gouda over the onion layer.
I beat the 10 eggs and added the milk and spices. I added them to the baking dish, over the layers with Gouda and onion and finished with the rest of the cheese. I put the dish in the oven at 180 ° C for about 20-25 minutes, depending on how you prefer the frittata, softer or crispier because the last layer of Gouda will turn into a crust.
A fresh salad goes next to it, depending on your preferences. I chose a simple one made of valerian and chery tomatoes. Enjoy your meal!
Ingredients Chickpea Chickpeas with Tomato Sauce Flavored:
- 460 grams of boiled chickpeas, well drained of water (more precisely, grains from two cans of chickpeas)
- 45 grams of onion
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped green parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped sunflower seeds (will absorb moisture)
- 4 tablespoons chickpea flour or, failing that, wheat flour (if you get a too wet composition you can add a little more flour)
- 1 teaspoon grated cumin
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for sprinkling (if you choose to bake meatballs) or plenty of vegetable oil for frying
- 3 tablespoons flour
fragrant tomato sauce:
- 45 grams of onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 300 ml. of concentrated tomato broth or 1/2 can of tomatoes in broth + 1 small cup of hot water
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 2-3 strands of basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar, pepper
Preparation of Chicken Meatballs with Aromatic Tomato Sauce:
1. Drain the chickpeas from the liquid.
2. Crush the chickpeas according to how fine you like it. I also preferred to leave whole grains, for a more interesting texture. I tested the hand blender Philips Avance Speed Touch at this point and I have to confess that he did great.
3. The same reliable help from Philips took care of the onion and garlic, which I chopped quickly.
4. Add chopped onion and garlic, flour, chopped greens, sunflower seeds (which I chopped a little before), cumin, salt and pepper to taste. If the composition is wet, it is good to gradually add more flour (ideally to use chickpea flour, which you can find in health food stores) or breadcrumbs, until you get a semi-moist paste, easy to shape and which keeps very good shape.
5. Homogenize the composition well and form 12-20 meatballs. I formed 16 pieces, each about the size of a ping-pong ball.
6. Meatballs are rolled in flour and, from here on, two different approaches are possible:
- place on a tray covered with baking paper, sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of oil on the entire surface and put in the preheated oven at 220 degrees Celsius, for 25 minutes
- fry in plenty of oil until golden brown (3-4 minutes) then remove on absorbent paper towels.
The truth is that in the oven it takes a long time to catch the crust, but the wait is offset by the much smaller amount of oil.
7. For the sauce, cook the onion together with the garlic (both chopped) in a tablespoon of oil until soft, then add the tomatoes or broth and herbs. Boil on low heat for 5-6 minutes.
8. Throw the herbs infused in the sauce, pass the sauce with the blender and match the taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
Serve the meatballs with the flavored tomato sauce, sprinkled with greens to taste and a little freshly ground black pepper.
I wish you good work and good appetite and, if you want a worthy help in the kitchen, you can have your own Philips Avance Speed Touch by answering the question launched in the contest from the link that opens by clicking on the picture below.
Rabbit with onion sauce
Rabbit meat is becoming more and more sought after, being considered a delicacies as it does not contain cholesterol, does not have fats and additionally benefit of properties healing for cancer patients, heart disease and diets low in sodium.
This one rabbit meat has a high degree of digestibility she being rich in essential amino acids, dietary and nutritious.
Are many variants to cook rabbit meat ( starting with quality sausages, boiled, fried in the oven, grilled etc & # 8230).
But now we will present and cook it purely Romanian traditional rabbit meat recipe with lots of onions.
It is a very easy recipe to cook.
Cooking in a pressure cooker
About the benefits of cooking in a pressure cooker I told a lot here, as part of the bean stew recipe with smoked ciolan.
The pressure cooker was invented around 1679 by the famous French physicist Denis Papin and became popular in the 19th century (around 1860). Unfortunately, classic pressure cookers are heavy, massive, difficult to wash and require periodic changes of seals. In addition, they must be supervised throughout cooking, the flame under them must be adjusted, etc.
For over 5 months I have been intensively using a multicooker that also has this function: pressure cooking. The Alacarte 6IX multicooker from HEINNER also has the ability to cook under pressure, in addition to the functions of sautéing, boiling, steaming or slow cooking! That gives speed! Pressure cooking shortens cooking times by 2-3 times and is very useful for stronger meats (beef, country chicken, chicken, game, pork chop, pig's feet for colds or meatballs etc.) as well as dried legumes (beans for example).
It is very easy to use, has a modern, compact design, does not take up much storage space. The volume of the cooking vessel is 6 L (as big as a pot!), is non-stick and can be washed in the dishwasher. The device has 15 preset programs + one manual setting in which you choose your temperature, time + warm-up function. Brilliant! The cover is a rotating one that screws easily, has markings that indicate the closed / open positions as well as an acoustic signal that ensures that it is correctly positioned. In addition to the thermostat and the steam drain valve, there is also a safety valve that drains the extra steam while keeping the pressure in the cooking vessel constant. So don't be afraid! Everything is scientifically thought out and the use of this device is very safe. Just read and follow the instructions for use and the little guide with recipes (both brochures come bundled with the multicooker).
This Heinner Multocooker with pressure can be bought here or by hereor can be won at the contest which you find at the end of the recipe.
With his help I prepared this wonderful stew of chicken and chicken hearts in just an hour or so! How tender and tasty they were!
From the quantities below it results approx. 6 good servings of pipote and hearts with onion and garlic sauce & # 8211 pipote recipe.
Ingredients for rabbit with onion sauce
1 domestic rabbit of 1 1/2 kg (we use the muscles on the back, the front and back thighs and possibly the spinal cord)
1-1.5 kg of onion (gives sweetness and taste to rabbit meat)
1oo ml oil (for sauteing onions)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
4-5 cloves of garlic (sliced)
a few sprigs of fresh parsley (for decoration)
For the marinade
Candy in a calendar box
Chocolate fruit bouquet
Box of 4 chocolate hearts
1/2 bunch of finely chopped fresh parsley
4 cloves whole garlic
Chicken with onion sauce
I know that it is complicated to think about what we have to cook every day, I also have this dilemma, in fact the problem for me is not to repeat the same foods and to change them, possibly not with something with a high degree of difficulty :). Chicken with onion sauce is a consistent and delicious main course, onion sauce comes to you to eat it empty, do not worry it is not acidic.
It is clear that we all like chicken, but many also like onions, chicken, most of which we eat with onions. It is harder, not everyone tolerates it. The recipe below is one that you can make at any time because it is very simple, I even thought about whether to post it only on the facebook page or to post it on the blog to stay forever.
- 4 whole chicken legs (free of any chicken excluding cutlery)
- 6-7 smaller onions or 4-5 suitable
- 1 clove of garlic
- 150ml beer or water if you don't have beer
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- the juice of half a lemon
- salt pepper
Wash the chicken legs well and wipe them with a paper towel. We put them in a bowl and season them with salt and pepper. Add a little oil, mustard and lemon juice. We rub the meat well with our hands so that it is seasoned everywhere.
Let it cool until we prepare the onion.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
We clean the onion and cut it into larger pieces, so that you don't cry unconsciously, try to breathe only through your mouth.
Put a little oil in a pan, then the onion pieces, on top of the chicken. We turn to her.
Cover the tray with a foil, put it in the oven and leave it for 40 minutes, then take the foil and leave it for another 15 minutes while the meat browns nicely.
We take out the chicken legs on a plate. Gently squeeze the garlic by hand to remove the peel and add it to the mixture in the pan, then mix with the blender. You can add fresh pepper and possibly salt if necessary.
Serve with rice or vegetables, salad, polenta, whatever you like :)
Tip: This dish is delicious if you use slightly fatter chicken.
For daily recipe recommendations, you can also find me on the Facebook page, on Youtube, on Pinterest and on Instagram. I invite you to like, subscribe and follow. Also, the group Let's cook with Amalia is waiting for you for exchanges of recipes and experiences in the kitchen.
Red onion and its properties & # 8211 why is it good to eat onions every day ??
Some love it, and others can't stand it because of the pungent smell. Today we are talking about this vegetable, without which no sauce would taste good. It's about onions. But do you know what all the health effects of onions are on health?
Onions are used in the preparation of most foods, but by boiling and frying, all the healing properties of onions disappear.
We should eat raw onions to reap the benefits.
This is why you need to add fresh red onions to your diet.
It kills cancer cells
Red onions are rich in sulfur compounds that protect the body from cancer of the stomach, colon, breasts, lungs and prostate. It can also fight bacteria that cause inflammation of the bladder.
Beneficial for diabetics
Raw onions increase insulin production in the body. So, if you are diabetic, eat raw red onions regularly.
Raw onion fibers fight constipation and remove solid particles and toxins from the body.
Treats cough and sore throat
Onion juice is effective in treating coughs and sore throats. Cut the onion into slices and put sugar on them. Put them in a container. Refrigerate the onion slices with sugar overnight.
Together, these two ingredients will create a healing syrup that you should drink regularly.
Reduces nasal bleeding
If you frequently experience nosebleeds and pressure in the nasal cavity, eat fresh red onions. Recent research shows that in some patients, fresh red onions have been able to completely stop bleeding.
Protects the heart
Onions can regulate blood pressure, maintain optimal blood cholesterol levels and protect the heart from ischemic diseases.
Casserole fish with tomato sauce - monastery recipe
The fish is very healthy, we all know that. It is rich in Omega-3, protein, vitamin D, selenium and many other beneficial nutrients.
American Heart Association, Dietary Guidelines for Americans and other experts recommend 2 servings of fish per week. Many studies have shown that people who follow this advice and eat fish several times a week have a lower risk of fatal heart attack, compared to those who do not eat fish in any form.
A review of 20 studies that included several thousand participants showed that 85-250 g of fish per week reduces the risk of death due to heart disease by 35%. This benefit has been found in the case of fatty fish assortments as well salmon, mackerel, herring, anchovies or sardines.
It is due to the fact that Omega-3 essential fatty acids protects the heart from dangerous rhythm disorders, lower blood pressure, function the health of blood vessels. If taken in larger amounts, Omega-3 can be reduced as well triglycerides and inflammation from the body.
Experts draw consumers' attention to the risk of contaminate and toxins from fish. Pregnant women and children should avoid consuming tuna or swordfish in large quantities for these reasons. It is best to eat fresh, catch fish.
Fish with tomato sauce - recipe
Fish is versatile and easy to incorporate into many recipes. Avoid eating fried fish. Opt for baked fish, it is much healthier and also tastier.
• 8 pieces of fish
• 500 ml of tomato juice
• 1 large onion
• 2-3 bay leaves
• 6 tablespoons oil
• 2 liters of water
• salt, peppercorns, parsley
The fish is cleaned, cut into pieces, washed and salted. Let it sit for 10 minutes. You can use pieces of a large fish (carp, novac, Chinese, pike, trout, etc.)
Finely chop the onion and put it in a pan with the oil. Add the bay leaves, pepper and water. Let it boil for 20 minutes, then add the fish and tomato juice. If you do not have tomato juice, you can use tomato paste or broth diluted with water.
Make sure the liquid in the pan covers the pieces of fish. Let the food boil for a quarter of an hour, then turn off the heat. Sprinkle finely chopped green parsley on top.
1. Harvard T. Ch. Chan, Is it okay to eat fish every day? https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/is-it-okay-to-eat-fish-every-day/
2. Harvard T. Ch. Chan, Fish: Friend or Foe? https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fish/
3. Tudor Osiac, Fish in a saucepan with tomato sauce, Health with Meals from Monasteries on Mount Athos and in Romania, Evanghelismos Publishing House, Bucharest, 2014, pp. 115-116
* The advice and any health information available on this site are for informational purposes, do not replace the doctor's recommendation. If you suffer from chronic diseases or follow medication, we recommend that you consult your doctor before starting a cure or natural treatment to avoid interaction. By postponing or interrupting classic medical treatments you can endanger your health.